SPIRIT OF DANCE AWARDS - Performing Arts Dance Competition
"It was a pleasure photographing the Spirit of Dance Awards competition yesterday in Providence. The dancer's level of talent was impressive and the Spirit of Dance Awards organization operates a very professional level competition." - Paul S. Robinson, photographer
• All entries must be received in our office no less than 30 days prior to the first day of scheduled dance competition. Entries received after the deadline will be accepted at the director's discretion. Payment in full must be received 45 days prior to event date in order to receive studio rebates. No exceptions. Entries will not be scheduled until payment in full has been received. •Entries submitted without proper entry fees will not be considered valid entries.Studio checks, bank checks and MC/VISA will be accepted for payment. (Payments made after the deadline date must be paid with a MC/VISA or bank check.) Once payment has been processed, refunds will not be issued. Credits will be issued at the discretion of the director. Entries will not be scheduled until payment is received. No exceptions. We will confirm receipt of entries with all studios by email. If you do not receive a confirmation, it is strongly advised that you contact us. All schedule and competition information will be sent by email. • Independent Entries will be accepted. Independent Entries must also adhere to the SDA guidelines.
• Dancersarenot limitedin the numberof entries;however, soloistscannot competeagainst themselves in any one category.
• A separate entry form must be completed and submitted with each entry/dance. Forms must include the Owner, Director, or Teacher signature along with the age and D.O.B. for each participant. Alternately, the Online Entry System may be accessed and entries may be submitted online. Online Entries: by checking policy box, the Studio Owner/Director or authorized teacher agrees to the policies of Spirit of Dance Awards. As the Studio Director/Teacher, you acknowledge, and release the directors and employees of Spirit of Dance Awards, LLC, of any and all claims for damages or injuries which may be sustained by any persons associated with my studio while participating in any activity connected with this competition. All participants also release the rights to the use of their photos and/or videos by Spirit of Dance Awards, LLC, for promotional purposes only.
• All dancers must be ready to dance 45 minutes prior to their scheduled performance time. Music must be available at the music table no less than 45 minutes prior to the entry's scheduled performance time. All dancers must check-in backstage 6 dances prior to their scheduled time. Extra breaks may be added if the competition is running more than 30 minutes ahead of schedule. If a dancer leaves the stage prior to the completion of his/her dance, a second attempt will be allowed at the discretion of the director. • All entries must be suitable for family viewing. Dances that display violence, social prejudice, or are sexually suggestive are inappropriate and will result in point reduction or disqualification, at the discretion of the director.
• Stage props are allowed with the following limitations. All props must be set up and recovered within a two minute period. Props should be handled as such that they do not interfere with the other dancers on stage or in the wings. Props must be carried/placed as not to cause damage to the marley flooring. Prior approval is necessary if additional time is needed. Dangerous props, including, but not limited to, fire, water, knives, glass, swords, and pyrotechnics are prohibited. If debris is left behind, point reductions may be applied as determined by the director. • Photos and video recording are not permitted. This rule will be strictly enforced to protect the integrity of the choreographers and the safety of the dancers. Studios may be penalized for failing to adhere, at the director's discretion. • Additional judges breaks may be added at the discretion of the director if the competition is running more than 30 minutes ahead of schedule.
• We expect courteous conduct and good sportsmanship from each and every participant, from the teachers/choreographers to the youngest competitors. Studios do not have the right to reserve a dressing area. Studios are expected to keep their respective areas clean and litter free. • There is no food or drink permitted in the auditoriums. Smoking is strictly prohibited on school property at any time. • All participants release the rights to their photos or videos, which may be used by Spirit of Dance Awards, LLC for promotional purposes.
• Security Policy: Your payment and personal information is safe. Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software is the industry standard and among the best software available for secure commerce transactions. All personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, is encrypted and cannot be read over the internet. Such information will only be accessed by authorized employees, agents and contractors who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential.
• Merchandise Return policy: Merchandise and trophies purchased at competitions cannot be returned unless defective. Merchandise/trophies purchased on-line may be returned, providing the garment has not been worn or damaged and must be accompanied by the original receipt within 14 days.
• Shipping/Delivery Policy: All merchandise ordered will ship within 5 days, providing the item is in stock. We will determine the most efficient shipping carrier for your order; US Postal Service, UPS, or FedEx. Sorry, but we cannot ship to PO Boxes. Shipping: 1st item $6.00, each additional item $2.50. Shipping costs subject to change poer the US Post Office rates.
• We reserve the right to cancel an event, add additionals days/times, or to change the location due to unforeseen circumstances. We will try to accommodate all reasonable schedule requests. Please keep in mind that entries performing "out of category" may not be eligible for Overall Awards. • Spirit of Dance Awards, LLC and their employees are not liable for personal injury or property loss to any participant or spectator